• Breaking News

    Get the latest Info Here....News | Sport | Politics | Entertainments | Health and Others

    News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Information Technology, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and Gossip!

    Friday, 23 March 2018

    Chaos In Enugu As 8 Persons Burnt To Death As NSCDC Officials Shoot A Bus

    8 people reportedly died in a tragic incident which occurred at Milikin Hill Road, Enugu, just after officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) opened fire on a commercial bus.
    The incident occurred near Enugu headquarters of the NSCDC, after the driver of a bus which had barely left Enugu New Market, refused to stop and sped away as the NSCDC men chased him in a Hilux van.
    It was gathered that other operatives of the security agency, boarded a tricycle to join in the chase along Milikin Hill Road, which is bordered on both sides by a deep valley.
    The vehicle reportedly went up in flames, after the civil defence officers shot at it, causing it to veer off the road and crash into the valley.
    Commercial bus drivers and other sympathisers, particularly natives of Ngwo town, where the passengers were reportedly heading for before they met tragic end, who led a protest at the office of the NSCDC around New Market, were repelled by heavily armed operatives who barricaded the road leading to the office and shooting into the air.
    Punch reported that a witness who  refused to identify himself, claimed that the driver of the commercial bus had refused to give the NSCDC a bribe before they started chasing the vehicle.
    “The incident happened because the driver refused to give them a bribe when they stopped him. They went after him, shot at the vehicle and seven people lost their lives,” he said.
    Punch also reported that at the scene of the crash on Millikin Hill, it was observed that the commercial bus was totally burnt, and the charred remains of a passenger were trapped under the vehicle, which was lying on its back inside the valley.
    An FRSC official who confirmed the incident, said the corpses of three passengers had been moved to an undisclosed hospital morgue and that the civil defence personnel involved in the incident had been taken into custody.
    He said investigations had commenced, adding that some suspects had been arrested.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment